Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rodent Rage

Lots of people have rodents around. They're not particularly bothersome... unless they're in a bothersome place.

There's a squirrel in my freezer.

Seriously.

My husband has declared war on the squirrels invading our vegetable garden, digging up our flowers, and encouraging the neighborhood kids to kick our trees, trying to shake them down.

One day hubby went out to check the garden, and the next thing I knew, he was standing in the front yard holding a pellet gun, whereupon the squirrels began disappearing from the yard, and the chalk tally marks began appearing on the side of our brick house.

So far, I'm good with it.

Then we had some guests over for dinner. These 2 otherwise really nice guys, said they thought it would be interesting to get a squirrel, skin it, cook it, and eat it. Just for the experience. We bantered about it a little bit, but I really didn't think they were serious.

My hubby had a different impression.

The next day, upon opening the freezer door to put away some newly purchased frozen items, I found myself looking eye to eye with a frozen squirrel. In a ziplock bag.

Hubby - - never being one to let down a guest -- had bagged one for them.

And after I stopped screaming, I *cough* calmly *cough* decided that it was going to be a cold, cold stifling hot day before I opened the freezer door again.

A very hot day.

1 comment:

  1. my husband would join the squirrel

    in both the freezer and the stifling hot place

    ReplyDelete

All comments are subject to moderation.