Thursday, June 25, 2009

Silence is Golden

I've got a loud co-worker. He is three rows away from me, and we are separated by a 6 foot tall partition. But I can still hear EVERY SINGLE WORD of his phone conversations.

This might not be too bad, but he does phone support. So he talks a lot.

Not to mention his calls to vendors. Where he uses every lame cliche in the book. I bet there is a list he has printed out, in case there is ever any potential for a pause in the talking. And lucky me gets to hear them all.

My job sometimes requires a certain amount of concentration, so this can be a little frustrating. But what was the event that send me over the edge?

A series of personal phone calls over 4 or 5 hours, all on the same topic, using the same propaganda, and the same "outraged" and incredulous tone. Apparently, new legislation being considered would significantly affect him. So he made sure EVERYONE knew about it. ughh.

Especially me.

1 comment:

All comments are subject to moderation.